What’s the best lube for men? YES BUT organic anal lube!
If you want to discover a new approach to anal lubrication, buy YES BUT. Designed specifically to give long-lasting slipperiness and comfort for anal use, this organic anal lube does NOT contain any of the skin-damaging or concerning chemicals typically found in conventional products. It contains NO glycerine, propylene glycol, aspartame, parabens, unpronounceable preservatives (like diazolidinyl urea or triethanoloamine or imidazolidinyl urea) or polyquaternium (see table below).
Key Features of YES BUT Organic Anal Lube
- Compatible with natural rubber, latex & polyisoprene condoms
- Thick & naturally long-lasting
- Safe for use with sex toys including silicone
- Formulated from certified organic ingredients
- Designed to be side-effect-free
- Sublime, velvety texture for smooth glide
- Odourless, no taste, no stickiness
- Need to wash off afterwards like you would with silicone
- pH-matched for anal use
- Designed to match tissue osmolality* (this is important, see below)
- Internationally patent-protected
Why can’t I use a vaginal lubricant?
Since anal tissues aren’t self-lubricating, using a natural lube is a must. However, vaginal lubricants such as YES WB Water-Based Lube are designed to be acidic to match the vaginal pH. YES WB, for example, has a pH of 4.0. This is not ok for anal play. YES BUT anal lube is, therefore, pH-matched to neutral rectal tissues (pH 7). But that’s not all. YES BUT is also compatible osmolality-wise. This means the strength and concentration of the ingredients used also matches these tissues rather than vaginal tissues. Furthermore, glycerin-based lubricants are highly hyper-osmotic which can cause cell damage and irritation to naturally thin, fragile rectal tissue and thus increase the risk of STD transmission through broken tissues.
Why should I use a chemical-free anal lube?
Conventional anal lube often contains strong chemicals like glycerine and polypropylene glycol. These are known to damage the lining of the rectum (see study links below) which, in turn, can make STD transmissions and HIV in particular, more likely.
Discover the Double Glide Effect
If you DON’T rely on condoms, you should try the all-natural YES OB Plant Oil-Based Lubricant. It offers a luxurious and sensuous texture, great longevity and superb glide. Using YES OB in combination with the water-based YES BUT will give you an additional wonderfully cushioning feel and seriously long-lasting pleasure. While available in 40ml, 80ml and 140ml tubes, we suggest trying YES OB in pre-filled applicators which can be inserted for lube to be delivered to the right place.
What’s the best anal lube for men? Compare YES BUT to other brands.
*K-Y Jelly formulation has changed, pH & Osmolality from 2011 study, previous formulation data shown here to match study results.
** It is our view that these strong chemicals should not be in an anal lubricant.
Osmolality, pH data & opinions from:
- Identification of Personal Lubricants That Can Cause Rectal Epithelial Cell Damage and Enhance HIV Type 1 Replication in Vitro. AIDS RESEARCH AND HUMAN RETROVIRUSES, Volume 27, Number 9, 2011
- Sexual lubricants in South Africa may potentially disrupt mucosal surfaces and increase HIV transmission risk among men who have sex with men. S Afr Med J 2014;104(1):49-51. DOI:10.7196/SAMJ.7002
- YES BUT values from product specification
- Use and procurement of additional lubricants for male and female condoms: WHO/UNFPA/FHI360 Advisory note
YES BUT Organic Anal Lube – Ingredients
- organic aloe vera
- organic guar gum
- organic locust bean gum
- organic honeysuckle extract
- sodium chloride
- citric acid
- sodium hydroxide